Jennifer W. Chang
Jennifer Chang practices in the areas of real estate and business law, including the formation of corporations, limited liability partnerships and non-profits. Her real estate practice includes commercial real estate acquisitions and dispositions, leasing transactions, including negotiations and transaction documents, due diligence analysis of title conditions and development issues.
Ms. Chang’s clients include commercial property owners, tenants, banks, asset managers, educational institutions and non-profits.
Ms. Chang’s multi-faceted legal and business experience gives her the unique ability to assist on both sides of transactional matters crossing practice areas. In addition to her experience with two distinguished San Diego law firms, she has worked in-house in the Offices of the General Counsel for Sempra Energy and DaimlerChrysler Corporation. At DaimlerChrysler, she presented training sessions on contract drafting and negotiation for in-house clients and outside vendors.
Ms. Chang is fluent in Mandarin Chinese.
Ms. Chang’s professional involvement includes:
- Lawyers Club of San Diego, Board Member (2014-2017), Vice President of Policy and Membership (2016-2017), Treasurer (2014-2016), Committee Chair (2012-2016)
- San Diego County Bar Association
- Pan Asian Lawyers of San Diego
- Louis M. Welsh Inn of Court, a San Diego-based organization that fosters excellence in professionalism, ethics, civility and legal skills
- Meritas Young Lawyer Liaison and Advisory Board, Member (2011-2014)
She has been associated with the following community organizations:
- Duke Alumni Association; Duke Club of San Diego, Board Member (2005-2014)
- Sullivan Hill/Washington Elementary School Partnership, Coordinator (2011-2014)