Paul E. Robinson
Paul Robinson’s practice emphasizes land use, environmental and governmental law. Mr. Robinson’s role includes negotiating with and appearing before all public agencies having land use jurisdiction within the San Diego County region, including federal, state and local agencies.
He was appointed to the Board of the San Diego County Regional Airport Authority by Governor Schwarzenegger (2010) and reappointed by the County Board of Supervisors (2011 and 2013, with his current term ending January 2017). He was appointed Chair of the Mission Bay Park Committee and the Mission Bay Park Improvement Fund Oversight Committee by Mayor Jerry Sanders and the San Diego City Council.
Mr. Robinson is active in numerous professional organizations, including:
- Lambda Alpha International
- National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) Legal Action Network
- National Association of Industrial and Office Properties (NAIOP)
- Citizens for Century Three
- Partners for Livable Places/San Diego
- San Diego State University President’s Council
- University of San Diego School of Law Board of Visitors
- Downtown Parking Management Group
- Steering Committee for the Update of the Centre City Community Plan
- Downtown San Diego Partnership
- San Diego Chamber of Commerce
- San Diego County Taxpayer’s Association
- Lincoln Club of San Diego County
- San Diego Regional Economic Development Corporation
He represented the Regional Chamber of Commerce on the Airport Land Use Compatibility Plan Technical Advisory Group. He also has provided expert testimony in numerous Superior Court actions involving land use, planning and zoning issues.
In 2012, Mr. Robinson was named one of San Diego’s most influential business leaders by readers of the San Diego Daily Transcript. He has also been chosen by his peers for inclusion in Best Lawyers (2007 to present), and was named Lawyer of the Year for 2014 in Land Use and Planning by Best Lawyers in America.