Michael J. Maher
Mickey Maher is a real estate and business lawyer who previously served as the managing partner of the firm.
His practice concentrates on advising clients in:
- Developing, investing in, and selling multifamily apartment communities, shopping centers, office properties, and industrial facilities, as well as land for subdividing and home building
- Retail, office and industrial leasing, as well as ground leasing
- Financing all types of real estate, including loans and capital restructuring
- Business entities and ventures, including for real estate investment, as well as buying and selling operating businesses, and franchise arrangements for franchisees
- Covenants, conditions and restrictions for all types of commercial development, as well as agreements between landowners and license agreements
- Analyzing and advising complex title-related issues
Mr. Maher has contributed to programs and discussion groups held by the Managing Partner Forum in Atlanta, Georgia, and has been a guest lecturer at the Burnham-Moores Center for Real Estate. He has taught continuing education classes for National Business Institute and The Institute for Paralegal Education. He is also a member of the State Bar of California’s Real Property and Business Law sections.
Past affiliations include having served on the Charitable Real Estate Committee of The Foundation of San Diego Zoo Global, as well as other advisory committees for the Zoological Society of San Diego. He also serves as pro bono counsel for the Poway Performing Arts Company, a local community theater. For many years, Mr. Maher was a merit badge counselor for the San Diego Imperial Council of the Boy Scouts of America. When their children were at home, the Mahers enjoyed hosting exchange students from around the world.