David W. Bagley II
David Bagley’s practice involves real estate, finance and general business transactions. He represents both borrowers and secured lenders in the area of real estate finance. Mr. Bagley also advises clients in the areas of commercial leasing, real property acquisition and development, real estate joint ventures, residential development and sales, and corporate and business representation and advice.
His focus includes representing:
- Lenders in a variety of real estate lending matters including construction and permanent loans
- Distressed asset purchasers, private equity funds and joint venture financial partners
- State university-affiliated auxiliary organizations in corporate, real estate and financing transactions
- Commercial developers in property acquisition and development matters
- Commercial developers in project documentation for business parks
- Law firms and medical professionals in negotiating office leases
Mr. Bagley’s professional affiliations and recognitions encompass:
- Fellow of the American Academy of Mortgage Attorneys
- Member of the Real Property Section of the California State Bar (Executive Committee 2000-2005, Chair 2003-2004, Advisor 2005-2009)
- Lecturer for the California Continuing Education of the Bar (Real Estate Lending, Real Property Law Boot Camp, and Commercial Real Estate Acquisitions), Lorman Educational Services (Real Estate Lending) and National Business Institute
- Past board member of the San Diego Building Industry Association’s Commercial Industrial Council
- Inclusion in Best Lawyers in America since 2006
Mr. Bagley’s community involvement includes being a member and past president of the Board of Trustees of The Bishop’s School in La Jolla and vice chancellor of the Episcopal Diocese of San Diego. He also is a current board member and past president of Episcopal Community Services, which provides comprehensive social services to low-income families and individuals.